The EMS deliberately joins in co-operation with others in order to improve the chances of achieving its own aims. This includes:
- The Association of Protestant Churches and Missions in Germany (EMW) with its seat in Hamburg.
- mission 21 in Switzerland with its counterpart to the BMDZ, the Basel Mission.
- The aid organisation Bread for the World – Protestant Development Service in Berlin which is partner to most members of the EMS.
- The World Council of Churches in Geneva whose work can rely on the experience and programmes of the EMS Fellowship.
- The EMS also entertains friendly relations with the China Christian Council (CCC) in Shanghai and the Amity Foundation in Nanjing.